- The Lymphology Association of North America (LANA) is a non-profit corporation composed of healthcare professionals, including physicians, nurses, massage therapists, physical therapists, and occupational therapists experienced in the field of Lymphology and lymphedema. They have acknowledged the need for a North American certification examination for lymphedema therapists, to test knowledge considered fundamental in the treatment of lymphedema.
- Joachim Zuther founded the Ulmkolleg/Department of Lymphology (University of Ulm, Germany) in 1990 after he received his degree as a certified instructor for Manual Lymph Drainage (Vodder Technique) and Complete Decongestive Therapy (MLD/CDT). The Ulmkolleg is one of the leading schools for Lymphedema Management in Europe. In 1994 he formed the Academy of Lymphatic Studies, the first school to offer Lymphedema Therapy Certification courses according to the European curriculum in the Continental United States. The Academy of Lymphatic Studies (ACOLS) conducts Certification Courses in MLD/CDT (135 hours) as well as Lymphedema Management Seminars (31 hours) throughout the year in the United States.
- The mission of the Academy of Lymphatic Studies is to promote
high professional standards and the continuing professional competence
of health care practitioners by promoting the quality and integrity
of continuing education to practitioners in the field of lymphedema
management. Our primary objective is to provide the highest quality
education in Manual Lymph Drainage and Complete Decongestive
Therapy (MLD/CDT) and to advance the availability, quality, use
and support of lymphedema management techniques through standard
settings, terminology, education and research.
- The National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage
and Bodywork - For millions of Americans of all ages, therapeutic massage and bodywork are the solutions to many of the physical and stress-related problems of our age. These individuals have found the value of touch through the various modern and ancient healing arts of massage and bodywork. Through consumer demand, research, professional standards and a new National Certification Program, these arts have entered the mainstream of modern medical, health, fitness and wellness practice.
- California Physical Therapy Board - The mission of the Physical Therapy Board of California is to promote and protect the interests of the people of California by administering and enforcing the Physical Therapy Practice Act.
- Founded by D. Gary Young in 1993, Young Living Essential Oils is world renowned for exceptionally high-quality essential oils, dietary supplements, personal care products, and other unique solutions for healthy lifestyles.
- National Lymphedema Network (NLN) - A non-profit, tax-exempt organization comprised of health care professionals,
lymphedema patients and patient advocates dedicated to making
authoritative information on the prevention and treatment
of lymphedema available to the medical community and the
general public. Their goal is to create awareness through
education, and to promote and support the availability of
quality medical treatment for all individuals in the United
States who are at risk for or afflicted with lymphedema.
The NLN disseminates research-based information to health care professionals
so that they will appropriately counsel their patients at
risk for lymphedema on its avoidance, and prescribe safe,
effective treatment for those afflicted with this condition.
- Chelsea's Hope.org (my niece who was terminally ill) If you would like to donate or feel grateful about your life.